Hello, people of Merrick! Ash DeMello here with your brand new copy of the Merrick Daily.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Variable cloudiness. High: 56 Low: 50.
Here are Merrick’s top five stories today:
- the Nassau County Household Assistance Program, which offers a one-time payment of $375 to residents, is set to end May 15. Find out if you’re eligible and how to apply to News 12 Bronx.
- A Merrick native was one of the winners Farmingdale State Women’s Athletics team at the Skyline Championships Sunday. Freshman from Merrick competed in a team of four to capture the relay. (Farmingdale Sports)
- Good news for Baldwin developers: Hempstead Town’s board plans to lift a moratorium on hamlet redevelopment, Reports by John Asbury. (Current day; subscription required)
- ICYMI: Meadowbrook State Parkway is scheduled to be closed at night beginning April 25. Click on the link to discover the detours and more detailed information on the timetables. (Daily Voice)
- Did you know magician Criss Angel hails from Nassau County? The “Mindfreak”/musician/illusionist/author was born in 1967 in Hempstead, New York. Get all the details you could want to know about the performer in an April 24 article from Trending News Buzz.
Today in Merrick:
- Discover the Dunes – Jones Beach Energy & Nature Center welcomes everyone for a family educational walk. $4 per registration. (1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Free legal information clinic – The Nassau County Bar Association is hosting an opportunity to speak to pro bono attorneys on a range of legal topics at 15 West Street in Mineola. Registration required. (3 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Taste the Flavors of the Emerald Isle – Hofstra University organize an event supporting the Nassau Games for the Physically Handicapped. Taste classic Irish dishes and live music at the David Mack Hall, North Campus. $60 donation and reservation required. (7 p.m. – 10 p.m.)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Merrick Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
- Send me a topical tip or suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s all for today! See you tomorrow for your next update.
— Ash DeMello