TORONTO, March 8, 2022 /CNW/ – EVOLVE officially opens as the first and only clinic Canada dedicated to egg freezing. Part of the TRIO family, EVOLVE is a team of reproductive endocrinologists, embryologists, naturopaths, nurses and business leaders who share a common passion for fertility preservation.
“We have seen a momentous change over the past few years,” explains the founder and CEO of EVOLVE Nicole Codon. “Canadians are waiting longer to start families. Throughout the pandemic, there has been a dramatic increase in demand for egg freezing services – and that need continues to grow. »
After the age of 30, ovarian reserve and egg quality decline significantly, reducing the chances of pregnancy and live birth. Egg freezing preserves the quality of younger, healthier eggs to help improve IVF outcomes for patients in their 30s or even 40s.
“Over time, a variety of factors can affect the egg’s ability to fertilize and have a healthy pregnancy, including infections, toxins, free radicals, stress, and more.” says Dr. Sony Sierra, Medical Director at EVOLVE. “The better the quality of your eggs, the more likely they are to implant successfully and result in a healthy pregnancy. If someone freezes their eggs at age 30 and uses them 10 years later, they will have the same chance of getting pregnant as when the eggs were frozen – essentially putting their biological clocks on hold.”
Besides preserving egg quality, there are many reasons why people choose to freeze. Some of the more common reasons include:
- More time to find the right partner
- Academic, professional or personal goals
- A diagnosis of endometriosis: Endometriosis is a condition that may require surgical removal of the ovaries. Freezing eggs before surgery can preserve the possibility of having biological children at a later date.
- Family history of premature menopause: Although rare, premature or early menopause affects between 1% and 5% of women assigned at birth. Egg freezing offers hope to people with a family history of early menopause by preserving high quality eggs.
- Chronic or genetic diseases: Certain autoimmune conditions or procedures requiring immunosuppressants can affect egg quality. By preserving egg quality before taking immunosuppressive drugs, patients can increase their chances of a successful pregnancy when it is medically possible for them to start a family.
- Chemotherapy: Medical treatments that include radiation therapy, such as chemotherapy, can damage your eggs. If you are going to have chemotherapy, freezing your eggs before treatment can give you the flexibility to plan your future family.
- Gender transition: Transgender men who start hormone replacement therapy (HRT) may want to retain the possibility of having biological children in the future. Because foreign testosterone impacts ovulation and egg quality, trans men may consider egg freezing before or at the start of hormone therapy.
A patient’s age at the time of egg freezing can affect success rates. This is why the best time to freeze is when patients are in their twenties or early to mid-thirties. For example, those who froze their eggs between the ages of 30 and 35 had a 61 to 77 percent chance of having a successful pregnancy using in vitro fertilization (IVF). These averages decrease with age.
“EVOLVE is a game-changer for many people who are not yet ready to have children, but want to make sure they have options for the future,” said Condon. “Our mission is to help people in a progressive, compassionate and caring environment. We are committed to changing the discourse of reproductive health from a stressful topic to one of empowerment.”
To learn more about egg freezing and EVOLVE, visit evolved egg gel.com
EVOLVE is the first and only clinic in Canada devoted solely to egg freezing. Founded and run by women, to empower and educate women about their reproductive options. We are an expert team of reproductive endocrinologists, embryologists, nurses, naturopaths and business leaders who share a common passion for fertility preservation. Based on over 40 years of clinical experience, EVOLVE gives you more control over your reproductive future so you can live fully in the present.
SOURCE EVOLVE Egg Freezing
For further information: Katie Ostler, Director of Communications, [email protected] 416-407-2177