ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – All Carilion hospitals will return to green level restrictions for inpatient visits starting next week.
Hospitals will change from yellow to green on Tuesday, March 8. This change in level of restriction will allow two visitors per day for adults, previously only one person was allowed to visit in most cases.
“A patient’s support system plays a crucial role in their experience, so we’re excited to once again welcome additional visitors in a limited capacity,” said Patrice M. Weiss Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President of Carlion. “While visits at the green level are less restrictive, it is important to note that we remain vigilant in the face of COVID-19. Protections such as masking and screening requirements remain in place to keep our patients, visitors and staff safe.
Here are the guidelines for green tours:
- Adult patients may have two visitors. Children can visit if accompanied by an adult and children do not count as visitors.
- Pediatric patents allowed two visitors, must be over 18 years old.
- Patients in the emergency department allowed two visitors.
- Patients in labor and delivery allowed two visitors.
- End-of-life patients have allowed up to four immediate family members.
- Day surgery patients allowed a visitor during their preparation.
“Even though community spread is decreasing, we continue to care for hospitalized patients with COVID-19 who are critically ill,” Dr. Weiss said. “In February, 82% of our hospitalized COVID-19 patients were not fully vaccinated or boosted. Vaccines remain the best possible tool to protect against serious diseases. »
Visits are determined based on community positivity rate, spread of COVID, and mask compliance. For more information on outpatient and outpatient sites, visit the Carilion Clinic website.