All New Yorkers age 5 or older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Appointments are available at several locations across the north of the country.
Please note that Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are NOT permitted for under 18s. The Pfizer vaccine IS licensed for ages 5 to 15 and federally approved for ages 16 or older. The Moderna vaccine is federally approved for people 18 years of age or older.
Pediatric doses of the Pfizer vaccine are now authorized for ages 5 to 11. Go to vaccinefinder.org/search/ to find clinics and locations with vaccines available by age group and zip code. You can also text your postal code to 438829 or call 1-800-232-0233.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive additional doses or a third dose of the vaccine. To learn more about people who fall into this category, go to tinyurl.com/yamun2ar.
Booster doses are allowed for anyone 12 or older who completed the Pfizer vaccine series at least five months ago, and anyone 18 or older who completed the Moderna vaccine series at least five months ago. five months or received the J&J vaccine at least two months ago. Learn more about booster dose eligibility at tinyurl.com/ukrh8u7c.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT CLINICS
The Essex County Health Department will be offering first dose and booster dose appointments on Monday mornings in March at its office, 132 Water St. in Elizabethtown.
Pre-register based on your desired vaccine at the links below or call ECHD at 518-873-3500 for assistance. Those looking to schedule a second dose of Moderna or Pfizer are urged to call ECHD for an appointment.
• First dose Pfizer: tinyurl.com/5cnmdr43
• First dose of Moderna: tinyurl.com/yzm3wenv
• First dose of Johnson & Johnson: tinyurl.com/2p8pmjkf
• Booster doses (all three vaccines are available): tinyurl.com/2h8j8zvk
St. Regis Mohawk Tribal Health Services will be hosting immunization clinics at the agency’s main campus, 404 State Route 37 in Akwesasne, throughout each week:
• Pfizer Pediatric Immunization Clinics will be held every Tuesday from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. These will be walk-in clinics, but appointments are preferred and can be made by calling 518-358-3142.
• Walk-in immunization clinics for anyone five years of age and older will be held from 9:00 am to 4:15 pm on Wednesdays. No appointment is necessary.
• Vaccines are available by appointment only on Fridays from 1 to 4 p.m. Call 518-358-3142 to make an appointment.
Flu vaccines are available upon request at all vaccination clinics.
The Clinton County Health Department will host an immunization clinic from 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday, March 17 at its office, 133 Margaret St. in Plattsburgh. Pre-register on the links below.
• Pfizer Pediatric First Dose: tinyurl.com/48sfrykj
• Second pediatric dose of Pfizer: tinyurl.com/2h9hvbas
• First dose Pfizer: tinyurl.com/27zww4k6
• Second dose of Pfizer: tinyurl.com/spbcjp7b
• First dose of Moderna: tinyurl.com/mtusabzz
• Moderna second dose: tinyurl.com/5f4njxsm
• Booster dose: tinyurl.com/2svj3k66
To register for a third dose of Moderna or Pfizer vaccines, contact CCHD at 518-565-4848 or visit vaccines.gov.
Adirondack Health and Franklin County Public Health will be hosting an immunization clinic from 3 to 6 p.m. on Monday, March 14 at the Adirondack Medical Center Annex Building, 2233 State Route 86 in Saranac Lake. First and second pediatric and adult doses of the Pfizer vaccine; Pfizer and Moderna boosters; and third doses will be available.
Pre-registration on tinyurl.com/8uptjvrt is recommended. Pre-registered patients will enter the vaccination area directly. Walk-ins will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, but will need to register before entering the vaccination area.
It is recommended that vaccinated and booster vaccinated eat something before their arrival. Masks are compulsory and beneficiaries are asked to bring their vaccination card if they have one.
Hudson Headwaters Health Network health centers have vaccines available. To check availability or make an appointment, call a health center directly.
Appointments are available at area pharmacies. Third doses and boosters are available at the following pharmacies:
• Walgreens: visit http://www.walgreens.com/covidvaccine or call the stores directly.
• Kinney drugs: visit https://www.kinneydrugs.com/locations/appointments/. Enter your postal code to see if there are any appointments at this location.
• Price Chopper/Market 32: All participating stores now offer walk-in appointments for customers 18 or older, but it is recommended that you call ahead to check on dose availability .
• Walmart: visit https://www.walmart.com/cp/flu-shots-immunizations/1228302.
• CVS pharmacy: visit https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/get-vaccinated.
• Hannaford: visit https://www.hannaford.com/pharmacy/covid-19-vaccine or call the pharmacies directly.
The following countries also offer COVID vaccines:
• Adirondack Apothecary (locations in Moriah, Schroon Lake and Willsboro): visit https://adk.timetap.com/#/.
• Maggy Pharmacy in Dannemora: Visit https://maggypharmacy.net/ to register for an available appointment or the vaccine waiting list.
• Cornerstone Drug and Gift at Rouses Point: Tour https://www.cornerstonedrug.com.
Seniors can contact their local offices for aging:
• Clinton County: 518-565-4620
• Essex County: 518 873-3695
• Franklin County: 518 481-1526
All are encouraged to contact local health services:
• Clinton County: 518-565-4840
• Essex County: 518 873-3500
• Franklin County: 518 481-1111