Hello again, friends! It’s Tuesday in Marietta and I’m back in your inbox to update you on all the big stuff happening in town.
But first, today’s weather:
Cool with periods of rain. High: 43 Low: 36.
📢 Local businesses, we invite you to partner with us to build awareness in the local market and set yourself apart from the competition as a sponsor of the Marietta Patch newsletter. Don’t miss this opportunity to showcase your business and attract more customers to your doorstep. Contact us today to find out more.
Here are the top three stories from today in Marietta:
- The Marietta/Belpre Health Department will be hosting the Belpre Clinic Day this Wednesday. On November 16, residents can get their COVID-19 and flu shots from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at 715 Park Drive in Belpre. Walk-ins are welcome for flu and Covid-19 vaccinations; please call ahead at 740-373-0611 ext. 2312 for other vaccinations. (Marietta/Belpre Health Department)
- About 13 miles away in Parkersburg, the Blennerhassett Regional History Museum hosts the 18th Annual Mid-Ohio Valley Heritage Quilt Show. The theme for this year’s event is “Quilts for All Seasons,” according to President Brenda Wentzel, who has held the position for eight years. The quilts are on display until November 20 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through The “People’s Choice” winner will be announced November 20. (Subscription: Marietta Times)
- Do you recognize this dog? Aunt Bea is a senior female Chihuahua mix who was brought to the Humane Society of the Ohio Valley on November 12 by a good Samaritan. The person found her without a collar in the parking lot of the Lafayette Center Shopping Plaza on Pike Street. She was not microchipped. Aunt Bea will be held for three days so that her family has the opportunity to retrieve her with proof of ownership (per Ohio’s revised code). (Ohio Valley Human Society)
Today’s Marietta Daily is brought to you by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to power up its best network yet, covering 99% of people in America with LTE, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Marietta Daily possible.
Today in Marietta:
- Meeting GreetingsAt 740 Social (12:00 p.m.)
- SketchAt BB2C (5:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Are you looking for a new job? Browse this list with some of the latest jobs on the market and find out who is hiring in the Marietta area. (Patch Marietta)
- Looking for a local family event? Join The Castle for “Night at the Museum!” November 19 for the chance to interact with a new cast of famous and lesser-known historical figures with local connections. (The Castle – Marietta, Oh via Facebook)
- The Memorial Health Foundation asks readers to “Unleash the Generosity” on Tuesday, November 29! This day brings our community together to have a positive impact on health care in our region. (Memorial Health System via Facebook)
You are officially informed for today. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with another update!
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio was born and raised in Rhode Island and now lives in New York. She works as a writer for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and is a graduate of the University of Rhode Island, where she earned a degree in writing, speaking, and communications. In her free time, you can find her traveling, drinking tea, or photographing her neighborhood as a street photographer.