Hello everyone. I’m back in your inbox this morning to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening locally. Today’s issue includes:
- Upcoming Forsyth Community Clinic
- Vietnam veterans donate bicycles to children in need
- Fall Fun Day in Downtown Cumming
Cumming Peak of the day. Photo taken by Rita West. Thank you Rita. Have a photo you want to submit? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with permission to post.
Sunny and pleasant. High: 73 Low: 45.
📢 I am looking for business owners and marketers in Cumming who want to get noticed, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Cumming Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If this is you, then I urge you to learn more and secure your place now.
Here are Cumming’s top stories today:
- A free clinic serving low-income residents and those without health insurance is coming to Forsyth County. The Forsyth Community Clinic will provide free non-emergency health care to qualified low-income residents aged 18-65. People 65 and older without Medicare coverage are also eligible. The clinic opens Saturday, October 29 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Place of Forsyth, 2550 The Place Circle. (Original News)
- Cumming’s Chapter 1030 of Vietnam Veterans of America got into the Christmas spirit this week and purchased 60 bikes for The Place of Forsyth’s vacation home program.. The members met at the Walmart Supercenter where they purchased and delivered the bikes to boys and girls in need. The chapter budgets for this program each year and has been able to purchase 10 more bikes than the 50 it donated last year. (VVA-1030)
- Fall is in the air and downtown Cumming is hosting a Fall Fun Day today from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.. Check the calendar of events as there will be cupcake decorating, family karaoke, arts and crafts, live music, and a pie-eating contest. There will also be free gift bags for the first 100 customers. (Downtown Cumming)
- Who’s ready for a fall festival? The Great Pumpkin Fest will take place today from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Cherokee Veterans Park, 7345 Cumming Highway. There will be food, ax throwing, wagon rides, bouncy houses, petting zoo, pumpkin thrower, crafts and more. Don’t forget to put on your costume as there will be a costume contest at noon. Free shuttles will also run. (Play Cherokee)
Today in and around Cumming:
- Service, citizenship and civil rights Exhibit at Hampton Park Library (all day)
- red door festival at (10h)
- magic labyrinth at Warbington Farms (11 a.m.)
- Trunk or treat in downtown Cumming (6 p.m.)
- drum recital at Music Authority, Inc (6:30 p.m.)
- Cocktail Legs at Fur Kids Headquarters (6:30 p.m.)
- Live Music: Dark Star Brothers at the Legends Distillery (7 p.m.)
- Live music: James Patrick Morgan at the Freedom Mill (7 p.m.)
- “The Sound of Music” at the FoCAL Center (7:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Forsyth County Schools Host Diwali Celebration at the FoCAL center from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, October 29. http://ow.ly/ywFY50LgQhi” (Forsyth County Schools via Facebook)
- A groundbreaking ceremony will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Friday, October 28. for the new Forsyth County Fire Department Fire Station 9 to be located in the Lake Lanier area of Forsyth County. (Georgia Forsyth County Government via Facebook)
- Advance voting for the November 8 general election and special election is underway at the Forsyth County Voter Registration and Elections Office 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. (Georgia Forsyth County Government via Facebook)
- Forsyth Central High School is hosting its Thrifting Extravaganza again this year. Donate your coats, jackets or hoodies before December 8 for the School Extravaganza which runs from December 12-14. The club with the most donated items wins a pizza night. (Forsyth Central High School via Facebook)
- Forsyth County is looking for poll workers for the upcoming election season. Serve the community, meet neighbors, make new friends, and even get paid. (Georgia Forsyth County Government via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
- 5K RUN AND WALK / Registration 7 a.m., Start of the race at 8:30 a.m. (October 22)
- Mount Pisgah Christian School: Parent Preview Day (Grades 5-12) (October 25)
- Mount Pisgah Christian School Parent Preview Days (K-4) (October 27)
- Add your event
Thanks for following and staying informed! I will see you soon.
— Phil Giltman
About Me: I have lived in Cumming since 2010. I am married with two children, both in Forsyth County Schools. I consider myself a jack of all trades. I like solid reporting, scoring baseball games, playing golf, watching movies, reading books, doing crosswords, listening to music, participating in fantasy leagues, ordering said fantasy leagues, playing poker, trying new foods, traveling and hanging out with friends and family. Thank you for your visit.