Happy Wednesday neighbours! Here’s everything you need to know in Cincinnati today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Very hot with some sun. High: 86 Low: 56.
Are you a local owner or trader? We can help you effortlessly deliver effective ads that reach Cincinnati customers. Click here to find out more.
Here are the top three stories from today in Cincinnati:
- Hamilton County drivers pay $4.16 for a gallon of gas, 20 cents less than the record national average of $4.36. Diesel prices are also up, setting another all-time high of $5.53 per gallon. These record gasoline prices come against the backdrop of a shortage of new and used cars across the country. (WLWT Cincinnati)
- Just across the river in Covington, Kentucky, Good Samaritan Car Care Clinic director Bruce Kintner plans to open a new body shop that will meet the automotive needs of low-income families. Last month, Kintner opened a new four-bay mechanic shop on the corner of Martin Street and Madison Avenue that will provide free oil changes to single moms and help others find cars. Through partnerships with local auto shops, Kintner served 227 low-income families last year. (Spectrum News 1)
- Tyshawn Carter, 23, is in police custody today after firing a crossbow through the window of a White Castle in Northside after being denied store credit. Police were able to find and apprehend Carter after workers gave them a good description of the suspect and his car. The incident happened on Friday, May 6. (FOX19)
From our sponsor:
Hey, Cincinnati – need to do something in your house? Check out our new Local Businesses in Cincinnati feature to find the best local professionals for gardening, plumbing, house cleaning and more!
- Rent a boat and watch the movie, Clueless, this Friday night at 9:30 p.m. at the Lake Isabella Boathouse on Loveland-Madeira Road. The Hamilton County Park Floating Movies will be hosted at various locations around the county. (WLWT Cincinnati)
- Cincinnati-based dance company Pones, Inc. and five local dance partners will perform Graphic, their 2016 Fringe Festival production on Sundays, May 15 and 22. Graphic is an interactive dance presentation that includes a walking tour of downtown Cincinnati’s iconic ArtWorks murals. (Soapbox Cincinnati)
- I-75 lane closures will continue overnight, all night and all week as crews resurface the freeway. Single-lane closures begin at 8:00 p.m. on the north side of the Brent Spence Bridge approach to the Western Hills Viaduct, while dual-lane closures will remain in effect from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. (WKRC TV Cincinnati)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow morning with a new update.
— Carla Varner