Good day, people of Spokane! It’s me again, Sean Peek, your Spokane Daily host.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather cloudy. Top: 48 Bottom: 28.
Here are the top three stories from today in Spokane:
- Spokane City Council has approved a new measure that would invest $500,000 in a new mental health clinic. The new clinic would be in the old Hillyard Library on N. Cook Street. The Northwest Community Center will operate the mental health clinic in partnership with Multicare. (Omak Okanogan County Chronicle)
- The Spokane Valley Fire Department is investigating the cause of a fire at a business on Spare Avenue. Fire crews arrived at the 5300 block of East Sharpe Avenue on Wednesday to battle the blaze. Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire. (KXLY Spokane)
- The Salvation Army of Spokane is asking the community to donate hand warmers and foot warmers. A need for cold weather supplies still exists despite the arrival of spring weather. Due to the recent cold spell, the organization has run out of hand and foot warmers for the approximately 60 people who come to the Family Resource Center each day. (KXLY Spokane)
From our sponsor:
Tackle a long list of things to do around the house to start the new year? Our partners at Bug, home services app, have made hiring trusted local professionals for just about any job extremely easy and intuitive. Within minutes, you can find a painter, plumber, roofer, or someone to help you with small jobs like hauling trash or fixing appliances. And Thumbtack’s rating system can give you confidence that you’re hiring a quality professional you can count on. Click here to start.
Today in Spokane:
- online story time In the Spokane County Library District (9:30 a.m.)
- Free AARP Tax Help At the Spokane County Library District (1:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Spokane’s Garland Theater is now open. Click to see what is displayed! (Instagram)
- Mayor Woodward participated in Read Across America by reading to students at Westview Elementary. The mayor read “Exploring Spokane: Turning Trash into Energy” to the children. Click to get your free copy. (Instagram)
- Looking for your next hiking spot? Visit Spokane has compiled a list of local trails that would be perfect for your next adventure. Click to see the list. (Instagram)
Do you like the Spokane Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
You are now in the loop and ready to start this Friday on the right foot. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a writer, editor, SEO specialist and marketing manager for various digital media companies. He is currently co-owner and operator of content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.